Find & Connect Support Services
If you spent time in a children’s home or institution, were a ward of the state or placed in foster care before the end of 1989 the Find & Connect support service may be able to assist you.
Find & Connect is a free and confidential support service provided by Relationships Australia Tasmania state-wide that can help you to:
· access personalised support and counselling;
· where possible, obtain your personal records, trace your history and understand why you were placed into care;
· connect with other services and support networks that may assist you at this time in your life;
· reconnect with family, where possible; and
· connect with other Forgotten Australians and Former Child Migrants through our drop-in centres and newsletter.
To contact the Tasmanian Find & Connect support service (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm) about any of these services please call 1800 16 11 09 (free call).
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment call 1800 555 677 and ask for 1800 16 11 09, or visit the Find & Connect Tasmania website. 1800 calls are free from most fixed lines. There may be a charge for calls from mobiles.